Nesting season is not over in Spain.
Nest detected in Valencia province, thanks to the awareness campaign carried out by UVEG team and XALOC.
The UVEG team went to the beach and rescued (with the great help of local police) a total of 13 hatchlings attracted by ilumination of the promenade behind the beach.
Then we proceeded to undertake the nest study, detecting a great hatching success, but also a big number of dead hatchlings emmerging from the eggs. maybe rainfalls of last week had some effect.
Overall, one more nest studied and protected under the LIFE MEDTURTLES project.
- Nesting season is not over in Spain!
- Rescue of a loggerhead turtle by a fisherman who regularly collaborates with the Life Medturtles team in Kerkennah Island (Tunisia)
- School lecture at the sea turtles first aid centre in Sfax
- Another campaign to remove ghost nets was carried in Turkey!
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!