Nesting season is not over in Spain.
Nest detected in Valencia province, thanks to the awareness campaign carried out by UVEG team and XALOC.
The UVEG team went to the beach and rescued (with the great help of local police) a total of 13 hatchlings attracted by ilumination of the promenade behind the beach.
Then we proceeded to undertake the nest study, detecting a great hatching success, but also a big number of dead hatchlings emmerging from the eggs. maybe rainfalls of last week had some effect.
Overall, one more nest studied and protected under the LIFE MEDTURTLES project.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe