Nesting season is not over in Spain.
Nest detected in Valencia province, thanks to the awareness campaign carried out by UVEG team and XALOC.
The UVEG team went to the beach and rescued (with the great help of local police) a total of 13 hatchlings attracted by ilumination of the promenade behind the beach.
Then we proceeded to undertake the nest study, detecting a great hatching success, but also a big number of dead hatchlings emmerging from the eggs. maybe rainfalls of last week had some effect.
Overall, one more nest studied and protected under the LIFE MEDTURTLES project.
- The installation of special LED lights in fishing nets, innovation brought for the first time in Albania by the LIFE Medturtles project (see video)
- Sea turtles released after being accidentally caught in albania!
- HAS continues the ghost gear removal activities on the Albanian coast
- Collaboration with fishermen is ongoing in Puglia (Italy)
- Removal of ghost gears in Drini bay (Albania)!