Today, the UVEG team and the NGO XALOC release the social media campaign aimed at increasing the loggerhead sea turtle nesting reports in our coasts, and also with the objective of informing how to act in case someone finds a turtles nesting on the beach. This is part of the action C1 of the project LIFE Medturtles, following the objective of protecting all sea turtle nests laid in our beaches.
- The installation of special LED lights in fishing nets, innovation brought for the first time in Albania by the LIFE Medturtles project (see video)
- Sea turtles released after being accidentally caught in albania!
- HAS continues the ghost gear removal activities on the Albanian coast
- Collaboration with fishermen is ongoing in Puglia (Italy)
- Removal of ghost gears in Drini bay (Albania)!