On the 24th and 25th of June, Fondazione Cetacea and Università di Pisa, within the C4 action of the LIFE Medturtles project, made a theoretical and practical training course on installation, use of TED (turtle excluder device) and data collection for efficiency analysis, on-board of the bottom trawler Levriero II in Rimini, Italy.
We would like to specially thanks the Levriero’s captain Tomas Parenti and his father Sebastiano Parenti for their availability and the incredible reception on board, also to the professionals of the CNR of Ancona (coordinator of the project Tartalife) Dr. Massimo Virgili and Domenico Micucci, without which the training would not be possible and finally to the Capitaneria di Porto di Rimini that authorized the extraordinary departure of the fishing boat.
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!
- Another collection bins were placed in Fethiye and Marmaris – Turkey
- Our project partner DEKAMER continued training and surveying fishermen
- The awareness campaigns continue in Italy
- A Leatherback turtle was filmed at the turkish coast (see video)!