On the 24th and 25th of June, Fondazione Cetacea and Università di Pisa, within the C4 action of the LIFE Medturtles project, made a theoretical and practical training course on installation, use of TED (turtle excluder device) and data collection for efficiency analysis, on-board of the bottom trawler Levriero II in Rimini, Italy.
We would like to specially thanks the Levriero’s captain Tomas Parenti and his father Sebastiano Parenti for their availability and the incredible reception on board, also to the professionals of the CNR of Ancona (coordinator of the project Tartalife) Dr. Massimo Virgili and Domenico Micucci, without which the training would not be possible and finally to the Capitaneria di Porto di Rimini that authorized the extraordinary departure of the fishing boat.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe