The first loggerhead sea turtle was tagged on the 2nd of December. You can follow its wanderings from this link: https://www.movebank.org/cms/webapp…
One of the project activities is to investigate if the current practices (for trawlers) are really the best ones to reduce sea turtle’s post-release mortality. To this aim, the staff from UNIPI has just started a survivorship study: turtles accidentally captured by trawlers will be equipped with satellite transmitters to assess their survivorship after being released.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe