The testing of Turtle Excluder Devices (TEDs) has started in Puglia. Last week a TED was mounted on the trawl net of the boat “Nuova Giovanna” in Bisceglie (Puglia), thanks to the precious collaboration of the fishermen. This is the first boat where the testing will be carried out. The staff of University of Pisa will monitor the quantities of target species caught by the trawl net with and without the mounted TED.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe