The Life MedTurtles Tunisia team moved today to the beach of Sidi Hmed Absa to examine the stranding of a fin whale (Balaenoptera physalus) and a loggerhead sea turtle (Caretta caretta) in order to take the necessary samples.
The information was received from a post by Mr Mahmoud Bardaa in the facebook group “TunSea”.
- Awareness campaign with fishermen in Tunisia!
- First in-person meeting with fishermen in Tunisia!
- Our partner in Tunisia also placed collection bins for ghost gear at Chebba port!
- PSCA will start the placement of Collection Boxes for ghost nets in Turkey (see video)!
- Fondazione Cetacea fishermen interview campaign!