Yesterday, inside the public awareness action of the LIFE MEDTURTLES PROJECT, six sea turtles, recovered and rehabilitated by Fondazione Cetacea, were released at the coast of Rimini (Italy).
This action involves the organization of public events, such releases, to raise awareness. Because of the COVID-19 emergency in Italy, it was not possible to do it at this moment. So Fondazione Cetacea decided to adapt, and is using Instagram and Facebook lives at the institutional page to allow dozens of people to participate.
- Awareness campaign with fishermen in Tunisia!
- First in-person meeting with fishermen in Tunisia!
- Our partner in Tunisia also placed collection bins for ghost gear at Chebba port!
- PSCA will start the placement of Collection Boxes for ghost nets in Turkey (see video)!
- Fondazione Cetacea fishermen interview campaign!