DEKAMER team is removing an abandoned longline from the sea during fieldwork.
Abandoned fishing lines, ghost nets, and marine debris have a huge impact on marine life. Many creatures, including sea turtles, marine mammals, and birds, are entangled in these gears, which causes injuries or deaths of animals. DEKAMER will remove ghost nets from the study areas in Turkey during our project.
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!
- Another collection bins were placed in Fethiye and Marmaris – Turkey
- Our project partner DEKAMER continued training and surveying fishermen
- The awareness campaigns continue in Italy
- A Leatherback turtle was filmed at the turkish coast (see video)!