DEKAMER team is removing an abandoned longline from the sea during fieldwork.
Abandoned fishing lines, ghost nets, and marine debris have a huge impact on marine life. Many creatures, including sea turtles, marine mammals, and birds, are entangled in these gears, which causes injuries or deaths of animals. DEKAMER will remove ghost nets from the study areas in Turkey during our project.
- The installation of special LED lights in fishing nets, innovation brought for the first time in Albania by the LIFE Medturtles project (see video)
- Sea turtles released after being accidentally caught in albania!
- HAS continues the ghost gear removal activities on the Albanian coast
- Collaboration with fishermen is ongoing in Puglia (Italy)
- Removal of ghost gears in Drini bay (Albania)!