DEKAMER team is removing an abandoned longline from the sea during fieldwork.
Abandoned fishing lines, ghost nets, and marine debris have a huge impact on marine life. Many creatures, including sea turtles, marine mammals, and birds, are entangled in these gears, which causes injuries or deaths of animals. DEKAMER will remove ghost nets from the study areas in Turkey during our project.
- Awareness campaign with fishermen in Tunisia!
- First in-person meeting with fishermen in Tunisia!
- Our partner in Tunisia also placed collection bins for ghost gear at Chebba port!
- PSCA will start the placement of Collection Boxes for ghost nets in Turkey (see video)!
- Fondazione Cetacea fishermen interview campaign!