DEKAMER team is removing an abandoned longline from the sea during fieldwork.
Abandoned fishing lines, ghost nets, and marine debris have a huge impact on marine life. Many creatures, including sea turtles, marine mammals, and birds, are entangled in these gears, which causes injuries or deaths of animals. DEKAMER will remove ghost nets from the study areas in Turkey during our project.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe