UVEG team moved to La Manga del Mar Menor, in Murcia province, to assist local authorities in the finding and relocation of eggs. In situ incubation was dismissed due to the proximity of the clutch to the sea, in a very narrow and highly visited beach with buildings and promenade.
The 2020 season confirms the increasing trend of loggerhead turtle nesting activity in Spain’s Mediterranean coasts.
- In Turkey, fishermen trained by the Dekamer group continue to save sea turtles! (see video)
- Dalla parte delle tartarughe marine! (see video)
- DEKAMER continues its efforts to reduce the number of sea turtles that are unintentionally harmed by fishermen!
- Parte il progetto ’salva-tartarughe’, i biologi a bordo dei pescherecci!
- Emilia Romagna: partito il progetto salva tartarughe