UVEG team moved to La Manga del Mar Menor, in Murcia province, to assist local authorities in the finding and relocation of eggs. In situ incubation was dismissed due to the proximity of the clutch to the sea, in a very narrow and highly visited beach with buildings and promenade.
The 2020 season confirms the increasing trend of loggerhead turtle nesting activity in Spain’s Mediterranean coasts.
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!
- Another collection bins were placed in Fethiye and Marmaris – Turkey
- Our project partner DEKAMER continued training and surveying fishermen
- The awareness campaigns continue in Italy
- A Leatherback turtle was filmed at the turkish coast (see video)!