UVEG team moved to La Manga del Mar Menor, in Murcia province, to assist local authorities in the finding and relocation of eggs. In situ incubation was dismissed due to the proximity of the clutch to the sea, in a very narrow and highly visited beach with buildings and promenade.
The 2020 season confirms the increasing trend of loggerhead turtle nesting activity in Spain’s Mediterranean coasts.
- Awareness campaign with fishermen in Tunisia!
- First in-person meeting with fishermen in Tunisia!
- Our partner in Tunisia also placed collection bins for ghost gear at Chebba port!
- PSCA will start the placement of Collection Boxes for ghost nets in Turkey (see video)!
- Fondazione Cetacea fishermen interview campaign!