The UVEG team started the campaign of interviews to fishermen in the Valencia Region (East Spain). Great success reaching >80% of the fleet of one of the biggest ports in Alicante province, Santa Pola, with more than 50 trawlers and a big number of small vessels, just in two days. We counted with the support of the regional government (Biodiversity department, Generalitat Valenciana). Great team, great work.
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!
- Another collection bins were placed in Fethiye and Marmaris – Turkey
- Our project partner DEKAMER continued training and surveying fishermen
- The awareness campaigns continue in Italy
- A Leatherback turtle was filmed at the turkish coast (see video)!