The UVEG team (Spain), in collaboration with other institutions, managed to tag two loggerhead turtles nesting in the Spanish coast this summer. Below the tracks so far. This action, with the support of the Spanish Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Fundación Biodiversidad, will help in Activities C1 (Mitigation of threats at nesting sites) and C3 (Marine hot-spot areas for sea turtles: dynamic fishery management) of the project LIFE Medturtles
- Astounding meetings held in Zarzis and Djerba – Tunisia!
- Another collection bins were placed in Fethiye and Marmaris – Turkey
- Our project partner DEKAMER continued training and surveying fishermen
- The awareness campaigns continue in Italy
- A Leatherback turtle was filmed at the turkish coast (see video)!