The UVEG team (Spain), in collaboration with other institutions, managed to tag two loggerhead turtles nesting in the Spanish coast this summer. Below the tracks so far. This action, with the support of the Spanish Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Fundación Biodiversidad, will help in Activities C1 (Mitigation of threats at nesting sites) and C3 (Marine hot-spot areas for sea turtles: dynamic fishery management) of the project LIFE Medturtles
- The installation of special LED lights in fishing nets, innovation brought for the first time in Albania by the LIFE Medturtles project (see video)
- Sea turtles released after being accidentally caught in albania!
- HAS continues the ghost gear removal activities on the Albanian coast
- Collaboration with fishermen is ongoing in Puglia (Italy)
- Removal of ghost gears in Drini bay (Albania)!