The UVEG team (Spain), in collaboration with other institutions, managed to tag two loggerhead turtles nesting in the Spanish coast this summer. Below the tracks so far. This action, with the support of the Spanish Ministry of Ecological Transition and the Fundación Biodiversidad, will help in Activities C1 (Mitigation of threats at nesting sites) and C3 (Marine hot-spot areas for sea turtles: dynamic fishery management) of the project LIFE Medturtles
- Awareness campaign with fishermen in Tunisia!
- First in-person meeting with fishermen in Tunisia!
- Our partner in Tunisia also placed collection bins for ghost gear at Chebba port!
- PSCA will start the placement of Collection Boxes for ghost nets in Turkey (see video)!
- Fondazione Cetacea fishermen interview campaign!